Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Book review- Heart's safe Passage



What a surprise!!   This is my first time reading a book written by  Laurie Alice Eakes and I thoroughly enjoyed it.  This was book two of her midwives series, and I am ready to run out to get the first one.
This story is set in 1813 on the high seas.  Our heroine, Phoebe Lee has had her share of heartache and now she wishes only to practice midwifery.  She is duped by her pregnant sister in law and finds herself aboard a British privateer.  Our hero, Rafe, has also had his share of heartaches and now all he wishes is vengeance.   To find the man responsible for his wife’s death.
Can these two set aside the past and find love new with each other?  Can they find forgiveness for themselves and the ones that have harmed them?
Laurie Alice Eakes did a fabulous job in crafting this story.  I love a pirate…oops I mean privateer story. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pages