Tuesday, April 17, 2012










Pray In The Battle



I know Lord I don’t always try


And sometimes I don’t even care


I often let the worries of this world


Become a heavy burden to bear








I know at times I do not react


The way that I know I should


Instead my feelings rule my tongue


And I’m often misunderstood








I get so sick of constantly repeating


The same failures day after day


I feel so worn down by the constant battle


Maybe I should give up and ‘Pray’








Does this sound at all familiar?


Are life’s hassles wearing you out?


Do you remember to stop and pray?


So faith can replace your doubt








God never said that it would be easy


But He did say He’d always be there


We need to stop battling on our own


And give it over in prayer








Prayer is so needful in our lives


Constantly, throughout the day


When we are faced with spiritual battles


We should never forget to pray








It’s so important to commit each day


Into the care of the Lord


So we can walk more victoriously


Than how we had walked before








The enemy tries to get a foothold


In every little way he can


We must be aware of his evil tactics


And refuse to give in to his plans












For we have Christ Jesus in our lives


And the power to overcome


As we keep praying and standing firm


All our battles shall be won





© By M.S.Lowndes

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pages