Friday, October 1, 2010

Telling God What to Do

By Jan Johnson


I’ve had great ideas over the years of how God could solve my problems. I listed solutions for Him: Change my grouchy neighbor’s heart; cure my friend of cancer; make my spouse as devoted as the ones described in the how-to books on marriage. Some of these things happened and some of them didn’t. I felt that God disappointed me too many times.

I see now that I have been using prayer as a weapon of control. I have tried to control God-as if that were possible!

With a surrendered attitude, I can bring my requests to God in a different way. I’m still fervent and consistent, but I don’t have to tell God what to do. Instead, I watch, wait and cooperate.

To accept God’s sovereignty is one more necessary surrender.

Passage Romans 9:1-29

VERSE: Romans 9:21 “Does not the potter have the right to make out of the same lump of clay some pottery for noble purposes and some for common use?”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pages